Saturday, December 6, 2008

Watercolor wash quilts


I have made a good number of watercolor wash quilts over the course of the last decade (inspired by Deanna Spingola's More Strip-Pieced Watercolor Magic, That Patchwork Place, 1997). They make terrific presents for whatever occasion. Lucky recipients include my brother Monty Downs on his marriage to Elaine, my nephew Ben Haller when he wedded Keewi, my neighbor's successful battle against lung cancer, Olivia's host family in Nantes, France when we visited them in 2005 and numerous others. It is a deceptively easy quilt to make, involving strip piecing which is a very rapid technique. The beauty is in the proper choice of values not colors.

Age of Aquarius, 2003, 84x84 inches (for my neighbor, Ken Falstrom)






Ben and Keewi's wedding quilt
84x84 inches










Monty & Elaine's Wedding Quilt
2002
84 x 84 inches










Wedding Bouquet
2009
84x84 inches

Made for my brother Mont's older daughter, Amy Jean

No comments: